Clear Search  My Shortlist 0

Support for all the family

Man and boy in a park with a kite

Most families need a helping hand at one time or another, and whilst your children are growing up there are a range of services and professionals whose role is to provide support when you need it. These professionals can either offer you direct help, or signpost you onto other services. This could include:

• Family Information Service tailors their advice service to meet your needs, from providing information on this directory, to delivering advice on their helpline. They can also offer support on a range of practical issues such as finances and benefits, finding childcare, food crisis or referrals to other services.

• The Front Door For Families is made up of professionals who work together to assess, decide and co-ordinate how best to support children, young people and their families where there are concerns. 

• If you have concerns that a child or young person is at risk of harm you should contact the Front Door for Families on 01273 290400.

For full information on the services available for children and young people with Special Educational Needs, and their parents and carers, see the Local Offer

If you would like to discuss your needs and find out about the different types of help that are available, you can contact the Family Information Service, or talk to one of the professionals listed below.

Age of child Who can help What they do           
Unborn Your midwife Midwives are based at your local children’s centre  and provide pre and post natal care for you and your baby. They also link with other services that can support your family in a variety of ways.
Birth to school age Your Children’s Centre Team Midwives, Health Visitors and Early Years Visitors are all part of your local children's centre team.
They can offer one to one and group support depending on your level of needs, as well as refer you onto other services that can help.
Find your local children’s centre
5 and up  School staff  A well as providing education, schools play an important role in supporting families. Some have staff who are specifically employed in a pastoral role, for example early help co-ordinators. In other schools the SENCO (Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator) may be the first port of call for help and support. Teaching staff can also signpost and refer families to appropriate sources of help. In the first instance, speak to a member of staff at your child’s school.




Search all services in this category
Powered by Open Objects